Media Contact: Cary Conway
National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions Elects New Board Officers
WASHINGTON – July 2, 2020 – The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions announced its slate of new officers for the Board of Governors. Officers are elected by their board peers based on proven leadership and commitment to the National Alliance, as well as their efforts to advance and strengthen value-based purchasing strategies.
The newly elected officers are:
- Gaye Fortner, President and CEO, HealthCare 21 Business Coalition – Chair
- Randa Deaton, President and CEO, Kentuckiana Health Collaborative – Vice Chair
- Robert Smith, Executive Director, Colorado Business Group on Health – Secretary-Treasurer
- Neil Goldfarb, President and CEO, Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
- Cheryl Larson, President and CEO, Midwest Business Group on Health
“I am honored to lead the Board of Governors as we further the strategic direction of the National Alliance to continue its long legacy of leading national efforts to address high value healthcare through regional efforts,” said Gaye Fortner, Board Chair and President and CEO of the HealthCare 21 Business Coalition.
There are four newly elected Representatives on the Board:
- Nancy Giunto, Executive Director, Washington Health Alliance
- Peter Hayes, President and CEO, Healthcare Purchaser Alliance of Maine
- Bret Jackson, President, The Economic Alliance for Michigan
- Karen van Caulil, President and CEO, Florida Alliance for Healthcare Value
Continuing to serve their terms on the Board:
- Jessica Brooks, CEO and Executive Director, Pittsburgh Business Group on Health
- Gloria Sachdev, Executive Director, Employers' Forum of Indiana
- Chris Skisak, Executive Director, Houston Business on Health
Four external members on the Board:
- Lauren Block, Program Director, National Governors Association (newly elected)
- Leah Binder, President and CEO, The Leapfrog Group
- Lynn Quincy, Director, Healthcare Value Hub, Altarum
- Christa-Marie Singleton, Senior Medical Advisor, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
“The National Alliance is fortunate to have the participation of these industry experts as we continue to lead and leverage efforts to promote transparency, reward and recognize value and performance, improve health and access to care, and facilitate alternative payment methodologies,” said Michael Thompson, National Alliance President and CEO.
About National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions (National Alliance) is the only nonprofit, purchaser-led organization with a national and regional structure dedicated to driving health and healthcare value across the country. Its members represent private and public sector, nonprofit, and Taft-Hartley organizations, and more than 45 million Americans, spending $300 billion annually on healthcare. To learn more, visit nationalalliancehealth.org, connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #