Media Contact: Cary Conway
National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions Elects New Board Officers
WASHINGTON – July 15, 2019 – The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions announced its slate of new officers for the Board of Governors. Officers are elected by their board peers based on proven leadership and commitment to the National Alliance, as well as their efforts to advance and strengthen value-based purchasing strategies.
The newly elected officers are:
- Cristie Upshaw Travis, CEO, Memphis Business Group on Health – Chair
- Gaye Fortner, President and CEO, HealthCare 21 Business Coalition – Vice Chair
- Chris Syverson, CEO, Nevada Business Group on Health – Secretary-Treasurer
- Randa Deaton, Co-Executive Director, Kentuckiana Health Collaborative
- Neil Goldfarb, President and CEO, Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
“The National Alliance’s tools and educational programs prepare coalitions and purchasers to leverage their collective influence to bring meaningful change in our healthcare system nationally and in markets across the US,” said Cristie Upshaw Travis, CEO of the Memphis Business Group on Health and Board Chair. “I am excited to work with this strong Board and coalition leaders that bring expertise, experience and passion to move the market toward value-based purchasing so purchasers can obtain the highest quality care at the most reasonable cost.”
Gloria Sachdev, President and CEO, Employers’ Forum of Indiana, was elected as a Representative to the Board. Chris Skisak, Executive Director, Houston Business Coalition on Health, and Robert Smith, Executive Director, Colorado Business Group on Health, were re-elected as Representatives to the Board.
Continuing to serve their terms on the Board:
- Jessica Brooks, Chief Executive Officer, Pittsburgh Business Group on Health
- Christopher Goff, CEO and General Counsel, Employers Health
- Diane Hess, Executive Director, Central Penn Business Group on Health
- Cheryl Larson, President and CEO, Midwest Business Group on Health
There are four external board members and two are continuing second terms – Leah Binder, President and CEO, The Leapfrog Group, and Paul Fronstin, Director of the Health Research and Education Program, Employee Benefit Research Institute. Two newly elected members are:
- Lynn Quincy, Director, Healthcare Value Hub, Altarum
- Christa-Marie Singleton, Senior Medical Advisor, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
“The National Alliance is fortunate to have the participation of these industry experts as we continue to lead and leverage efforts to promote transparency, reward and recognize value and performance, improve health and access to care, and facilitate alternative payment methodologies,” said Michael Thompson, National Alliance President and CEO.
Convening employers, policymakers, business coalition leaders and other healthcare stakeholders, the National Alliance will host its Annual Forum, November 11-13, 2019 at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington. Registration and sponsorship information can be found here.
About National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions is the only nonprofit, purchaser-led organization with a national and regional structure dedicated to driving health and healthcare value across the country. Our members represent more than 12,000 employers/purchasers and 45 million Americans spending over $300 billion annually on healthcare. To learn more, visit nationalalliancehealth.org, connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #
National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
Officers for Board of Governors