The National Health Leadership Council (NHLC) is our affiliate group made up of leading national organizations ranging from health plans, pharmaceutical and provider organizations, accreditation and advocacy organizations, employer-focused organizations, and industry stakeholders.
The value of the NHLC is through the networking of its members throughout the year to:
- Engage in high-level discussions of trending issues in healthcare that impact purchasers and other stakeholders
- Inform National Alliance members of key perspectives, industry trends and innovations in the marketplace
- Help National Alliance and its members shape the agenda for their national initiatives
- Be actively involved in strategic partnerships through the National Alliance and its coalition members
The National Alliance offers NHLC members a unique opportunity to engage with a network of approximately 50 coalitions from across the country supporting over 12,000 healthcare purchasers (public and private employers, Taft-Hartley groups) providing coverage to over 45 million Americans.
It is the only such organization that:
- Has developed both a National and Regional structure with distributed "change agents" across the country with deep knowledge of healthcare and specifically their regional environment
- Provides access to large healthcare purchasers that play a central role in both innovating and driving the supply change to better improve health and value
- Informs, leverages and scales the efforts of the coalitions who support, align and guide purchasers. We play a significant role in facilitating a collective national voice to create market change and formally execute that change through the supply chain with initiatives like eValue8 and the Purchaser Value Network.
Interested in becoming a member of the National Health Leadership Council ?
Contact Margaret Rehayem
Current National Health Leadership Council Members
Alliance of Community Health Plans
America's Health Insurance Plans
Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Clear Health Partners
eHealth Initiative and Foundation
Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI)
Johnson & Johnson Healthcare System
Merck & Co., Inc.
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
National Council for Behavioral Health
National Forum for Health Disease & Stroke Prevention
National Hemophilia Foundation
National Kidney Foundation
National Pharmaceutical Council, Inc.
Partnership for Workplace Mental Health - American Psychiatric Foundation
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA)
Primary Care Innovators Network
Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc.
The ERISA Industry Committee
The Joint Commission
The Leapfrog Group
United Health Group